Improve your English while taking care of kids with our Au Pair program in the United States
EIL Ecuador’s Au Pair Program takes you to the United States, to attend a language institute and work as a nanny.
Au Pair (Study and Childcare)
If you are a woman, love children, and have experience taking care of them …
With EIL Ecuador you have the opportunity to live with a family in the U.S. and study at a university or higher education center in exchange for financial compensation while caring for children in a welcoming host family.
You can apply for the Au Pair program at any time of the year.
The Au Pair program is designed for you!
- Be between 18 and 26 years of age
- Have a minimum of 200 hours of recent experience in child care
- Be able to participate in the Au Pair program for a period of 12 months
- Have an intermediate level of English
- Have completed at least high school
- Have a valid driver’s license
Au Pair includes
- Living with an American family
- Plane ticket
- Compensation of US $ 195.75 per week; $ 250 if the Au Pair qualifies as extraordinary
- Private room and board with the host family
- Assistance of a Local Coordinator
- US $ 500 education fund to pay for classes of interest at a school or university in the assigned community
- Two weeks of paid vacation; one weekend off every 15 days
- 4 days orientation meeting in New York
- Assistance with visa application
- Sponsorship and support from EIL Ecuador and our partners abroad
- Health insurance
- Travel documents
- Visa costs
- Personal expenses
It depends on the participant but it normally takes approximately 2 to 3 months to process an application
No, the Au Pair program is only in the United States
Yes, the experience counts but it is not part of the required 200 hours of childcare. Experience with siblings is considered complementory