We offer group or individual classes in Kichwa (Ecuadorian Quechua) that adjust to your specific needs.
Individual and group Kichwa (Ecuadorian Quechua) classes in areas such as: Bilingual education, Andean culture, Andean medicine, Andean crafts, Ecoagriculture and others.
Specific Purposes Kichwa
We plan and offer courses to individuals or groups who have specific learning purposes: Bilingual Education, Andean Culture, Andean Medicine, Andean Crafts, Eco-agriculture, and others.
Kuntisuyo ricuykunawan kichwa shimita yachakupaychi!
Learn the Kichwa language and gain an understanding of the cosmovision of the Andean world. Kichwa is a variation of Peruvian Quechua. It is the most spoken indigenous language in Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. Ecuadorian Kichwa is alive throughout the Andean Highlands and the Amazon. Although there are dialectal variations, it´s is not an obstacle for the different groups to understand and communicate with each other.
If this is a program that interests you, our native-speaking teachers will respond to your needs and questions. The EIL building has classrooms, a library, meeting rooms, a cafeteria, and a spacious terrace. Public transportation to any part of the city is located two blocks from EIL.
Learn the language of the Ecuadorian ancestors!
- Age: 16 years and older
- Minimum group of 5 people and maximum of 7
- Desire to discover a new world full of mysteries and myths
For international students:
- An intermediate-high (B2) level of Spanish in order to interact in the life and culture of Ecuador
- Have a passport valid for more than 6 months
- If you are planning to stay longer than three months, you will need a visa
- Health insurance
- Kichwa classes for specific purposes are available all year around
- Each level (A1 -C2 ) consists of 30 hours
- Schedule: 2, 3, 4 or 5 hours a day from Monday to Friday
- The course length depends on student needs of the group
Specific purposes include
- Placement test
- Group classes
- Certificate endorsed by the Ministry of Education
- Pick-up service at the airport for non-resident students
- Assistance with visa application for non-resident students
For more information: email@example.com
First Monday of each month
Yes, they are all native Kichwa speakers. Kichwa has more than 108 dialects, at EIL Ecuador we teach a unified Kichwa.
Yes, you will receive a certificate from the Ecuadorian Ministry of Education and from EIL Ecuador
4 hours per day