Our courses focus on two main areas:
Language and Communication, which include grammar, vocabulary and expressions to help participants use Spanish within social environments.
- Spanish in Context, which help students understand and discuss topics related to Ecuador and Latin America, such as politics, economics, history, social movements, literature, art, and culture.
- Available all year round
- All levels offered: from beginner to very advanced
- Courses can be for 3,4,5 or 6 hours daily and for any number of weeks
Course for groups:
Groups of any age, schools, colleges, universities, associations.
Maximum 7 students in one class.
- SEMESTER ABROAD: Since 1989, the EIL Ecuador´s Spanish Center has provided intensive Spanish language and culture courses for students on Study Abroad programs. Spanish classes incorporate subjects related to the academic core program.
- SPANISH FOR NON-NATIVE TEACHERS OF SPANISH: A total immersion in Spanish program that combines homestays, Spanish classes, practice teaching, and excursions.
- VOLUNTEER WORK: Intensive Spanish classes for volunteers before beginning community service with Ecuadorian Foundations and NGO´s.
- SPECIAL INTEREST PROGRAMS: Spanish courses for groups of any age who desire or need to study the language together. Special interest courses focus on specific topics such as literature, culture, business, medicine, law, teaching, and tourism.
- STUDY TRAVEL: Spanish classes combined with lectures, field trips, excursions, or community service depending on interests of the group
For more information:
Our Participants: EIL´s Spanish students come from many different countries and feel quickly at home as Spanish spoken in Quito is very clear and Ecuadorians are kind and helpful. Most of our students stay with carefully selected EIL host families with whom they can practice the language and share their cultures.
Quito is the Ecuador´s capital city and a designated World Heritage site because of its colonial architecture and gold-inlayed churches. From EIL´s terrace you have a breathtaking view of snow capped mountains of the Andes on one side, and a delightful view of Colonial Quito and Mt. Pichincha on the other. These features, plus the spring-like climate and the warm and cordial atmosphere of our Language Center, cultivate the pleasure of learning and the joys of friendship.
Our Language Center is in a conveniently located residential area of Quito in the EIL Ecuador building with quiet, comfortable classrooms, a resource library, a large meeting room, a cafeteria, and a spacious terrace. Public transportation to all parts of the city is two blocks away from the Center.
MORE ON...Methodology, What's included, Accommodations, and Length
For more information: